This is one of those chicken recipes you just have to try. Its pretty quick to prepare in under 1 hour and is great for dinner. i decided to give it a try as i love any chicken recipe. Well almost any, I am not too fussed with the greasy opions, i prefer healthier alternatives. Give this one a try.
Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Fantastic Crispy Chicken Ingredients
3 large fresh chicken breasts
5 C corn flakes
3/4 Cups of flour
1/2 teaspoons of sea salt
1/2 Cup of whole milk
6 Tablespoon of organic virgin olive oil
1 12 ounces package of bowtie noodles
Fantastic Crispy Chicken Italian Sauce
1 (8 oz) package of fresh cream cheese
1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon of fresh granulated garlic
1/2 teaspoon of oregano
1/4 teaspoon of seasoned salt
1 teaspoon of chicken bullion granules
1 Tablespoon of fresh full cream butter
2 (10 oz) cans of cream of chicken soup
1 Cup of chicken broth (I made this with 1 Cup hot water + 1 teaspoon of chicken bullion)
1/2 Cup whole milk
Fantastic Crispy Chicken with Italian Sauce Instructions
1. In a food processor pulverize the corn flakes so that they are crumbs.
2. Add 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt to the 3/4 Cup of flour. Mix to completely combine.
3. Put the flour, along with milk and the crushed corn flakes into their own different pan. I have found that loaf pans work very well for this. However if you do not have 3 loaf pans, don't worry. You can use either pie tins, or even some round cake pans…whatever you have that works well for you.
4. Put the fresh chicken breasts into a good sized Ziploc sealed bag and then seal the top.
Proceed to pound the chicken breasts flat using a meat hammer or mallet. You really will be grateful for the large Ziploc bag at this step. Nobody wants a whole lot of chicken guts flying all around the kitchen!
5. Using a pair of very sharp scissors go ahead and cut each chicken breast in half.
6. Carefully dredge the chicken breasts within the flour. Make sure that it gets completely covered on both of the sides of the chicken. Place the freshly floured chicken breasts onto a cookie sheet and then slide the cookie sheet into your freezer. Leave it there for around 5 minutes.
7. Begin cooking the bowtie pasta.
8. Take the chicken from ot of the freezer and then dredge each chicken piece in the whole milk……
…..and then dredge into the corn-flake crumbs. Please, make sure each side of the chicken breasts are covered very well.
9. Add the vigin olive oil to a very hot skillet.
10. Very carefully place each chicken breast piece right into the very hot oil. Dust with a tiny bit of sea salt(I prefer sea salt to ordinary salt as the health benefits are substantial) and the pepper. Cook with a medium to high heat for around 5 minutes….
….or til the actual underside of the chicken breasts are nice and slightly golden brown. Turn the chicken pieces over. In case the base of the pan is too dry add just a tiny bit more virgin olive oil to the sides of the pan. Swirl the oil in the pan around a little bit in order to let the oil move to all of the sides.
11. Next, cover the pan and then reduce the cooking heat to medium. Allow the chicken breasts to cook for another 7 minutes more, also being very careful not to burn the chicken breast bottoms. Burned chicken breast bottoms are certainly not advised.
12. When the chicken breasts are cooked through then remove them from the pan and proceed to place them onto a clean plate. Immediately cover with some tin foil.
13. Take 1 package of cream cheese and then place it into a medium bowl. Put it into your microwave for about 30 seconds. Add 1 teaspoon of the Italian seasoning, along with 1/4 teaspoon of granulated garlic, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, 1/4 teaspoon of seasoned salt, and finally 1 teaspoon of fresh chicken bullion granules.
Mix it all in well to combine.
14. Into the skillet proceed to put 1 tablespoon full cream butter and then allow it to melt. Next add 2 (10 oz) cans of cream of chicken soup, along with 1 Cup of chicken broth, 1/2 Cup whole milk and also the seasoned cream cheese. Beat it well over a medium to high heat til it begins to bubble up. Allow it to cook for around 2 minutes.
15. Cut the chicken into strips and then serve over the freshly cooked pasta and Italian sauce. Lastly garnish with some chopped parsley. (Optional)