Here is a chicken soup recipe that actually looked quite good when i saw the photos. And you know what they say about pictures. Thats right, pictures tell a thousand words. So in less than a thousand words this is as good as it looks. I am glad the picture caught my attention. Its pretty simple to make and doesn't take a whole lot of time.
Refreshing Mexican Chicken Lime Soup Ingredients
- 2 Tablsoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 stalks of fresh celery
- 1 large jalapeno
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic
- ¾ lb. of fresh chicken breast
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can of chopped tomatoes with chiles
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- ½ Tablesppon of cumin
- 1 large lime
- ½ bunch of cilantro
- 1 large avocado
Refreshing Mexican Chicken Lime Soup Instructions
- Chop the yellow onion, along with the celery, and jalapeno (make sure you scrape the actual seeds out of the fresh jalapeno before you begin dicing). Next mince the fresh garlic. Cook the yellow onion, fresh celery, fresh jalapeno, and the minced garlic in a little virgin olive oil over a medium heat for around 5 minutes.
- Next, add the chicken breast, along with the chicken broth, canned chopped tomatoes, oregano, and a little cumin into the pot. Bring the pot to a boil using a high heat and then reduce the heat down to low, put a lid on top of the pot, and allow it to simmer for about 1 hour.
- After allowing to simmer for about an hour with the lid on, very carefully remove the cooked chicken breasts from the pot and then use two clean forks to carefully shred the meat. Return the shredded chicken breast meat to the cooking pot. Gently squeeze the juice of one fresh lime directly into the soup. Make sure you get as much juice as you possibly can get from the lime by making use of a spoon to scrape right inside the lime.
- Lastly rinse the cilantro and roughly chop all of the leaves. Add this to the cooking pot, give it a stir, and then serve. Slice the fresh avocado and then add a few chunks into every bowl.